|Home > guide > How to rip DVD and convert video to iPhone Video MP4 on windows and mac OS
How to rip DVD and convert video to iPhone Video MP4?
The tutorials describe the step by step way about convert/ripping DVDs (either movie DVD or music video DVD) to iPhone video format(MP4, MPEG-4, H.264), and converting all other popular movie files to iPhone. The iPhone converter software is easy to use, works flawlessly. Super fast conversion speed with high quality plus chapters/segments ripping modes give you everything you need to put DVD/video on iPhone so you want watch them on your widescreen iPod. Before convert DVD to iPhone or convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, Divx, MOV, XviD, RMVB, DVR-MS, ASF, MPG to iTunes, let's take a look at the video formats which the iPhone plays.
Video formats supported:
H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
Audio formats supported:
AAC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 1, 2, and 3), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
This guide includes senven parts as follow:
Part 1: How to convert DVD movie to iPhone (support DVD to 3G iPhone) (Windows)
Part 2: How to convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG to iPhone MP4 or H264 format (support video to 3G iPhone) (Windows)
Part 3: How to convert DVD movie to iPhone on Mac OS. (support DVD to 3G iPhone for Mac)
Part 4: How to convert video to iPhone on Mac OS. (support video to 3G iPhone for Mac)
Part 5: How to add movie and video to iPhone.
Part 6: How to convert flash, swf to iPhone.
Part 7: How to convert limewire and any other audio file to to iPhone (Windows)
Part 1 of ripping DVD and converting video to iPhone Video MP4
How to convert DVD movie to iPhone (support DVD to 3G iPhone) (Windows)
1. Download the latest version DVD to iPhone Converter + iPhone Movie/Video Converter Suite, and install it. You can know more about it by referring here.
2. Insert the DVD you'd like to convert to your computer's DVD drive.
3. Click 'File' menu and 'Open DVD', or directly hit 'Open DVD' button to load the DVD. Set the profile to be iPhone 480*320 mpeg-4 video which is the default DVD video quality.
4. Click around in the DVD's menu to set up DVD playback as you like, select the subtitle and audio sound tracks etc, then begin to play the movie through the software by click the play button.
5. The following window will pop up. Here, you can rename 'Title Name', set 'Save Path' and output quality, then click 'Yes' button to start ripping DVD to iPhone MP4 or iPhone H264 video from the point that the movie starts. That is all. Just so easy!
If you'd like to record from certain time point, or want to change some parameters like 'output format', 'video bitrates', 'frame rate', 'audio bitrates', please click 'No' button to close the window.
Optional parameters settings
* Select subtitles and languages
Click 'Subtitle' or 'Audio Track' in the 'Setting' menu, choose the related value you like.
* Set output formats
Choose the target file format from 'Profile'. The software supports converting DVD to iPhone 480*320 MP4 video,iPod MP4 video, iPod h264 video, MP3 audio.
* Set the start time to convert
Use the video playback controls to queue up the point at which you want to start ripping. Or click 'Setting -> Go to' and jump to previous/next chapter.
* More parameters
Click 'Setting -> Output video settings', here you can choose different profile, video/audio bitrates, video size, disable video/audio, aspect ratio, frame/sample rate, etc.
If you are not familiar with these options, please view the descriptions listed at the bottom of the window.
*Crop/cut&Resize the movie
If you want to make the widescreen dvd(16:9) to be outputted as fullscreen(4:3) video, you can use the crop function.
Set Crop to "Crop both black bands" and resize to be "stretch to full screen" if you don't need to keep the subtitle.
Set crop to "Crop the upper black band" so you can keep the subtitle in the down black band.
If you want to rip you DVD movie into one whole file, please use the direct ripping mode described above.
If you want to rip your DVD by chapters to into separated output files (for example your music DVDs, TV Episode DVDs), you can use the batch conversion rip mode, just ticket out the titles you want to convert and click convert.
You can switch this two modes by clicking on the mode-Direct&Batch.
7. Hit 'Convert' button, choose the recording time point and quality, then click 'Yes' to begin to convert DVD to iPhone video or audio quickly.
8. After ripping, transfer the converted files to iTunes, and then sync to iPhone.
Part 2 of ripping DVD and converting video to iPhone Video MP4
How to convert movies to iPhone video (H.264, MP4) and iPhone audio (MP3, AAC, WAV), AVI to iPhone, MPEG to iPhone, WMV to iPhone, MOV to iPhone, DivX to iPhone, Xvid to iPhone, DVR-MS to iPhone, RM to iPhone, RMVB to iPhone, ASF to iPhone, AVS to iPhone, MPG to iPhone (support video to 3G iPhone)
1. First download DVD to iPhone Converter + iPhone Video Converter Suite, install and run it. For more features about it, you can visiting here.
2. Click 'Open file' button to load the video file(s) you'd like to convert. The iPhone converter software supports batch conversion mode.
3. The default output format is iPhone 480*320 Mpeg-4 video. If you'd like to change this, click "Profile" button, set the output format to iPhone 480*320 mpeg4 video, iPod MP4 video, iPod h264 video or iPhone audio (MP3). Here, you can also set video size, frame rate and more.
4. Hit 'Convert' button to start converting video to iPhone.
5. Transfer the converted video or audio files to iTunes library and sync them to iPhone.
1. Why occour a message: 'MPEG2Dec: Error during decoder initialisation' or 'unable to read from E:\VIDEO_TS\vts_01_1.vob' everytime I put any DVD in?
Check that you select the correct DVD driver. If not, please select the correct DVD driver path.
2. Audio is out of sync with the video or no audio
There are someone says audio is out of sync with the video or no audio at all when they used videora iphone converter, cucusoft dvd to iphone converter or pqdvd dvd to iphone video converter. It seems that there is no software can work well for ALL users and ALL DVDs.
In fact, you might as well resolve the problem trying the following one by one.
A. DVD to iPhone Converter: Click "Setting -> Input settings".
(a) Check "Audio/Video Synchronisation".
(b) Set "Deinterlace filter" to "None".
(c) Set "Output frame rate" to other values.
B: iPhone Video Converter: Click "Advance", change 'framerate' to 23.976 or 29.97 in 'Video settings'.
If it doesn't work, might as well change a DVD movie to test. If still doesn't work, try another softwares.
Load your DVD movie, set the mode you'd like to rip, and Click 'Record it'.
3. Still doesn't Work
iPhone official support page: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/
iTunes official support page: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/
How to convert DVD and video to iPhone Video MP4 on Mac OS >>